Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's one with a BIG O

OK, so fess up time. This year on my birthday, my age will have a zero on the end. So, it's like one of those monumental times. Not as bad as my sixteenth birthday, when I decided I didn't want to be 16 (my dad heard me crying in my bedroom, came up, asked me what was wrong, and probably had to stifle a laugh as he ran back down to tell my mother. I am not making this up!).

So, the other day, I'm on Facebook, and I decided that I really don't want anyone to know how old I am. So, I go to my profile and change the date on my birthday to 2010. I get an error message, "You must be at least 13 years of age to participate in Facebook."

OK, bad idea.

Then I had another idea. Why not change the date each year so that I stay 39. So, I put my birth year in as 1969. That was easy, until I told DH about it and he informs me that I actually would be turning 41, not 39, if I leave it at 1969.

So I said, "OK, I'll go back and change it to 1971. Then next year, it will be 1972."

1972 is when Chad, my oldest child was born.

Bad idea.

Guess I'll just have to "woMAN-UP" and confess. I was born in 1950. You do the math!

2 comments:

  1. I love you, and I am SURE this is one of *those* bday's...I know I'd feel the same way, but look at it this way, you now have 60 beautiful yrs of EXPERIENCE and wisdom to share with the rest of us :) besides...you don't look that old anyway mom. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sweetheart! I feel that old, but it's nice to know all those expensive face creams are having a positive effect! Ha!

    ReplyDelete