Saturday, March 6, 2010

the best Saturday morning

We got up early this morning (6 am, early for a Saturday, anyway) and went to breakfast at Brueggers. Then hit grocery, health food store and library before coming back home. DH is going to head out on Monday to help our son-in-law again with the house he and our daughter are remodeling and selling. SIL, Mike, had hoped to be nearly done by now, but has fallen behind since DH left a couple of weeks ago and Mike's employer is saying he can come back to work anytime. So, DH will spend about 3 weeks there. It's a good deal, it keeps him busy, and he gets to spend some extra time with our grandchildren, a rare opportunity since they are teenagers now.

So, I will be batching it again for awhile. Just me and the kitties! Not looking forward to it, but I understand DH is probably going to go stir crazy if he doesn't find something to do pretty quick. And the extra $$ help with him still on layoff.

So...to continue the WIP (works in progress) list (you didn't think I was done did you? )
8. Blanket for new grandson, who is due in late May. I also have yarn to make a matching hoodie.
9. Cream, lace top started last summer from Knit Picks cotton yarn in a cream color. This is a very pretty top, and I really want to get it done before summer begins. It would be nice with slacks for church.
10. Knitting for the Etsy shop I'm still considering. This is a tough decision right now. I am so backed up with WIPs, but I find I abhor the thought of knitting for some unknown person. When I pick up my needles to knit something, it's usually for someone I love. That's the motivating factor, above all. So, I really don't know if this Etsy shop is going to be a great idea for me, although the extra $$ would come in handy.

Our church choir is again doing a cantata. This time, it's a much more contemporary collection of praise songs from a book called "I believe there is more." Jo, our choir director, asked me to give a testimony and I finally believe I am ready to do this. In fact, the title song will fit nicely with the theme of my testimony. More on this later.

For now, it's laundry day. Need to help DH get ready for his trip and get back to knitting his second sock. I did test the new Skinny Bugga I purchased for his second pair of socks, by knitting a swatch last night. Using #1 (2.25) double points, I nearly got gauge for the pattern I will be using, Anne Hanson's Longjohn Socks (click on link to see pattern website). The yarn, Sanguine Gryphon's Seaside Dragonlet knitted up much thinner and should satisfy HRH interest in a thinner sock that can go in his dress shoes.

Gotta go. The morning is nearly gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment